Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 9: Duchesne, Utah

I left the Flaming Gorge and headed for Vernal on my way to Duchesne ("Doo-Shane"). I arrived and went straight to the bike shop called, "Altitude Cycle" (http://www.altitudecycle.com/). They are a quality bike shop and they fixed my bike for cheap. I found out that the weight of my trailer bent a part on my bike and was the cause of the rough shifting I was experiencing. The guy who fixed my bike bent it back, but suggested that I pick up a back-up part just in case it was to break. They weren't a trek dealer so I went to the other "Bike shop," the Trek dealer, but they weren't much of a bike shop. They didn't have the part I wanted so I left praying that God would hold my bike together until I could make it to the next shop. I made it to Duchesne after another 100+ mile day and I was not going to camp there. I stayed in a cheap motel and I got diner from a small grocery store: a 75 cent loaf of bread, 2 yogurts, an apple, a banana, 2lbs of turkey, and a small jar of mayonnaise. This also ended up being my breakfast the next morning.




Coming tomorrow...

A short ride, but a long stride.... A good Price to pay for finishing out the day. Competition, hospitality, and good coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment